This may come as a shock, but did you know that 1977 was 40 years ago? Jimmy Carter was President of the United States, M*A*S*H was a hit TV show, the average weekly wage was $149.93, a 4.5L wine cask was $4.99 and both the NRL and AFL Grand Finals ended in a draw.
It’s also been 40 years since Xerox created what is still to this day one of television’s most popular ads – and this was more than 30 years before social networks changed the face of media consumption. The ad aired during Super Bowl XI, starring Brother Dominic who uncovered a “miraculous” way to replicate 500 copies of handwritten manuscript.
To celebrate Xerox 40 years of innovation we’re giving you a chance to win a bottle of 1977 Penfolds Grange. More about that below, right now I’d like to share with you original Xerox commercial from 1977.
There’s no denying that 1977 was a great time to be alive. Yet we have to say, 2017 is an even better time – especially when we look at how far we’ve come in the realm of technology and innovation. That’s why 40 years later, Xerox decided to pay tribute to the famous ad that made its name synonymous with the copying machine.
Partnering with Y&R New York, Brother Dominic’s tale was retold in modern day in order to tell the story of a company who continues to lead the way in technological revolution. From the first ever commercial, bulky, laser printer from Xerox in 1977 to today, where we can now produce a network of digital documents translated into 35 languages with one click in an app – Xerox has come an exceedingly long way. And it’s only going to get better from here.
Research shows that in today’s rapidly changing world of technology, small businesses are struggling to adapt. According to a Small Business Survey, 72% of small business owners believe investing in new technologies will offer a bigger return than new employees. Despite these beliefs, the survey also indicated that small business owners are finding it difficult to keep up the latest technological innovations. The survey also revealed that 63% of small business owners are overwhelmed by business technology options. And, 50% said they believe investing in technology too quickly will adversely affect their ROI, with the other 50% worrying they will lose their competitive advantage if they don’t adopt new technology quickly enough. Furthermore, business owners don’t know which technology to invest in and who to trust.
Enter: Fuji Xerox. The answer to the modern-day troubles of small business owners struggling to adapt to a changing market. 40 years after the release of their first laser printer, Xerox are continuing to push the envelope of technology and innovation. For example, the DocuPrint CM315z, which was recently awarded Buyers Lab 2017 pick for Outstanding Colour MFP for Small Workgroups, is perfect for small businesses who want to invest in game-changing technology that will last.
And then there’s the SMARTSeries range which offers incredible features, helping small business run more efficiently and effectively than ever before. For example, the SMARTSeries range offers:
- Tap 'n' Go, On-Demand Printing. This allows users to connect up to five devices on one network, turning all five devices into your own virtual personal printer.
- Smart@Work - streamline business workflows.Transform a manual, paper-based work process, such as scanning order forms or invoices, into an automated and streamlined business workflow – all at the touch of a button.
- Capture, Monitor and Control print and copy costs with a Cost Recovery and Tap ‘n’ Go software solution designed for small business.
- Flexibility to adapt to your changing needs. Your printing solution can be reconfigured to your specific requirements as your business changes over time.
- AirPrint and Google Cloud Print functionality allows you to print and email directly from your iPhone or iPad when connected to the office Wi-Fi network.
- Incredibly fast printing at 45 pages per minute for mono and 35 pages per minute for colour.
- Duplex and network ready so your team can start printing from day one.
Want to win a 40-year-old bottle of Penfolds Grange?
In order to celebrate 40 years of innovation, Xerox is giving you the chance to win a bottle of 1977 Penfolds Grange. All you have to do is register the warranty for printers and multifunction devices purchased during the promotion period (April – June 30th 2017) and you’ll go into the draw to win a 40-year-old bottle of Grange valued at $900.00. And, to make the deal even better, there are 3 bottles to be won! You’ve got to be in it to win it, so don’t miss out!